Saturday 22 August 2015

Geocaching Trio

On Sunday (16th August 2015) I met up with two complete strangers.  Being pretty new to Geocaching I'd only really ever gone alone, or gone with friends I had introduced to it. And here I was, approaching a stranger I didn't know, to check if he was in the fact the man I had agreed to meet. Having introduced ourselves, we chatted whilst we waited for the third and final Cacher. One thing became very apparent: Geocachers are inherently incapable of finding each other. Eventually we found the third and final Geocacher.

We followed the riverside footpath from Bewdley to Stourport, then crossed the river and walked back along the other side. And boy, the weather was absolutely gorgeous! Around 15 caches found with ease (perks of walking with experts eh!) with just one DNF :(


It was definately a lovely experience, to be able to share the day with two lovely people, who both loved to do this same thing! And they also kindly answered all my lame newbie questions, so I am now slightly more knowledgeable now. 



I am now planning a short day trip for this Sunday, hopefully to pick up another 15 odd Caches, and I am also planning a two night solo camp over at Arley to pick up quite a few! (Just hoping I can get everything I need before the summer season dissipates!) Has anyone got any camping tips they could pass on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment